About Greg Lambert-Smith
I qualified in 1981 from the University of Otago where I studied work and exercise physiology, biomechanics, biochemistry, motor learning and physical conditioning/rehabilitation.
After a year of post graduate teacher training and some years in exercise rehabilitation settings I did a Masters of Human Movement Science and spent five years with MBF setting up corporate health programmes. I worked in various rehabilitation centres and moved into Health and Safety/Injury Prevention Consulting/Training in 2000.
WORK AND EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGIST - Dip Phys Ed, Dip Teaching (HPE) MSc (Human Movement)
WHS ADVISOR/TRAINER - DIP WHS, Cert IV Training & Assessment Cert Return to Work Coordinator, Cert Fire Safety Advisor
“I personally appreciate your inputs for mainly two reasons:
- What you have taught our staff on manual handling. All too often is the pitch of this type of training missing the mark. However, you were spot-on; you mixed just enough theory with practical training to keep our staff involved and help them learn.
- Your pitch during the training was very good - the staff actually understood what you were teaching them. Your language, tempo and methodology reached your target audience.
This reflects in the feedback from the staff; every one of the more than 110 staff who attended the training during September and October gave the training a good or excellent rating. I have been in the training business in one shape or another for the best part of 30 years - and this result is up there with the best I've seen - thank you Greg!”
- National Compliance Manager, Foodstuffs, NZ (National supermarket chain)
“Greg’s Manual Handling course has something for everyone. Greg managed to grab the attention of even the most reluctant participants by using humor and everyday examples of how easy it is to injure yourself. The course was very interactive, with lots of exercises for everyone to participate in. I found the course very useful, not just for work situations, but in everyday life. The feedback I received from my colleagues was also very positive with comments like “I wish all courses were like that”, “Best course I’ve attended” and “Could have listened to him all day”.
- Christchurch Branch Training CoOrdinator, DHL
“We've been using Greg Lambert Smith to go to each of our branches to run MH training and the feedback has been excellent. I've even had a couple of the most cynical managers ring me to tell that it's been the best, most practical training they have had"
- National OH&S Manager, Crane Distribution
“Brilliant. Really interesting and keeps your attention”
- Warehouse Distribution Worker
“Very Interesting. A lot different from past courses, Greg changed my attitude in a positive way”
- Airport Freight Handler
“Very engaging-funny-fast-happy…Loved It!”
- Health Care Worker
“Most practical training the company has ever had”
- WHS & Risk Mgr/Building supplies
“The only training I have ever been actually engaged in”
- Council Admin Staff